Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Round 1

Dear Gentlemen,
It is not appropriate to honk your horn as a signal to your date that you have arrived and she should come out.
Love, The Ladies

Dear Ladies,
Don't go on the date with the guy who honks his horn, wait for the real gentleman who comes to your door. Yes, we do exist.
Love, The Gentlemen

Dear Gentlemen,
When you are invited to someone's house for dinner, offer to help clean up by asking the host/hostess "what can I do to help?" Sometimes the answer is "nothing" and that's fine but at least offer. We notice.
Love, The Ladies
P.S. Don't just offer to help the girl you are trying to impress help everyone, it makes a difference.

Dear Ladies,
Please be ready on time. We're nervous enough as it is, we don't want to wait in the front room for 30 minutes making awkward small talk with your roommates while they judge us. Plus, we put effort into planning a date, please give us the courtesy of being ready on time.
Love, The Gentlemen

Dear Gentlemen,
It is creepy to hit on the 18 year old girl just because she is legal now, if you feel you must pry on the young and inexperienced, you may need to re-evaluate why no ladies your own age will go out with you.
Love, The Ladies

Dear Ladies,
If you like a guy and he's asked you out, show it. We understand playing hard-to-get, but the cloak and dagger bit is a little wearying.
Love, The Gentlemen


3 comments:

  1. Ladies, if the guy you are dating is helping in the kitchen you better be there too. As a mother it embarrasses me when my daughter is lounging around while her friends are offering to help. I taught you better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great advice too! I would love to include advice from parents with the ending "Love, mom" or "Love, Mom and Dad" so if you or your friends have any more advice please email me at Colleen.Barry@me.com and I will gladly include your pearls of wisdom! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you just started this but I have to admit I was disappointed there weren't months of posts I could catch up on. Funny and informative. Love it and so colleen. Always the know all on ettiqute. :-D

    ReplyDelete